About This Course
Success Training Academy offer the CPP30411 Certificate III in Security Operations in partnership with APS Training Group (RTO #31588) in Woolloongabba Brisbane, Southport on the Gold Coast, Clontarf in North Brisbane and Cairns
Our Certificate III in Security Operations for new guards, is the perfect course for those who want to get into the security industry, with the potential to move into management and supervisory roles. This course includes First Aid & CPR for Free! The course allows participants to apply for their Queensland unarmed Security licence with Crowd control - You do not need to complete the Certificate II in Security, if you’re completing this version of the Certificate III in Security Operations.
In this course you will gain the knowledge and practical skills required to work as a security officer, or manager/supervisor positions in places such as nightclubs, shopping centres, hospitals, hotels, events, building sites, patrol. These skills will be gained through a combination of practical training, in class role plays, theory and defence restraints and techniques
There are no entry requirements for this course however, you will need to meet the following criteria to apply for your Unarmed and Crowd Control Security Licence.
- Must be 18 years of age at the time of applying for their security licence
- Must have basic English language, literacy and numeracy (LLN) skills. (You will be required to complete an LLN Assessment prior to commencing enrolment in this course).
- You will also need to complete a criminal history check as part of the licence application process
- Be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or hold the appropriate Visa to work within the Security Industry in QLD.
- Note, for international students – we are not CRICOS registered, and therefore cannot accept international students who are on a student visa.
- For more information on the licence application process, please contact our office or see the Office of Fair Trading’s website
Due to the amount of reading and writing involved in the course, it is recommended that you have a grade 10 level of English understanding, reading and writing.
This course for a Queensland Security license only. For participants in other states, please check with your relevant state and territory licensing and regulatory authorities.
If you are wanting to add extra functions to your licence, on top of Unarmed and Crowd Control, we offer the Cash in Transit, Bodyguard and Monitoring functions. These can be done by completing a 2-day course for each function.
Our Certificate III in Security Operations course runs for 10 days (Monday to Friday x 2 weeks), with some pre and post course work required.
As this course requires a significant amount of practical training, such as restraint techniques, CPR demonstrations, and use of security equipment, it cannot be completed solely as a distance learning course.
Units Of Competency
- BSBFLM303C Contribute to effective workplace relationships
- BSBWOR301A Organise personal work priorities and development
- CPPSEC3001A Maintain workplace safety in the security industry
- CPPSEC3002A Manage conflict through negotiation
- CPPSEC3003A Determine response to a security risk situation
- CPPSEC3005A Prepare and present security documentation and reports
- CPPSEC3006A Coordinate a quality security service to customers
- CPPSEC3007A Maintain security of environment
- CPPSEC2011B Control exits to and exits from premises
- CPPSEC2012A Monitor and control individual and crowd behaviour
- CPPSEC2014A Operate basic security equipment
- CPPSEC2015A Patrol premises
- CPPSEC3013A Control persons using empty hand techniques
- CPPSEC3020A Monitor security from control room
- HLTAID003 Provide first aid
Standard fee: $1050 - payment plans available from $36.80 a fortnight
Upfront fee: $900 (credit card or internet banking)
Why Study With STA?
Not only do the management team at Success Training Academy ensure that we deliver the highest quality training for our students, by trainers who are experts in their fields, it is our mission to provide a one-stop service by:
- Having one of our career advisors discuss your hopes and dreams for employment, so we can then give you our recommendation for training and upskilling.
- Enrolling you into your chosen course.
- Assisting you with resume-writing, interview skills, and the confidence you need in order to apply for that job
Need convincing? Check out some of our testimonials below.
Thanks very much for sending this (security job application) through. Daniel started work two weeks ago and is going great, excellent feedback from all clients and a great attitude to work.
Thanks again, please keep guards of this standard coming through, it makes my job so much easier.
Rohen Hancock, General Manager - Chief Group Services
Please call to enrol
Mon 27th May - Fri 7th June 2019
Mon 17th - Fri 28th June 2019
Mon 15th - Fri 26th July 2019
Mon 12th - Fri 23rd Aug 2019
Mon 9th - Fri 20th Sept 2019
Tues 8th - Fri 18th Oct 2019
Mont 4th - Fri 15th Nov 2019
Mon 2nd - Fri 13th Dec 2019
Please call to enrol
Mon 1st - Fri 12th July 2019
Mon 29th July - Fri 9th Aug 2019
Mon 26th Aug - Fri 6th Sept 2019
Mon 23rd Sept - Fri 4th October 2019
Mon 21st Oct - Fri 1st Nov 2019
Mon 18th - 22nd Nov 2019
Mon 16th - Fri 27th Dec 2019
The Certificate III in Security Operations for new guards, enables you to apply for your Unarmed and Crowd Control licence, without having to first complete the Certificate II in Security Operations. The other course, for existing guards, requires you to hold either a current QLD security licence, or a recent Certificate II in Security Operations qualification - this course, enables you to ADD extra functions such as Cash in Transit and Bodyguard, to your licence.
If you want to complete the Certificate III in Security Operations for new guards, but you also want to add extra functions to your licence, such as Cash in Transit or Bodyguard, you can complete our 1-day courses for each/either of these functions.
The Office of Fair Trading will send you a renewal notice about 6 weeks prior to it’s expiry. You can renew your licence online, at a cost of $196.70 for a 1 year multi-function licence, or $590 for a 3 year licence. Once you have submitted your renewal application, you are deemed licensed until you receive your new licence, or your application is refused or withdrawn (as long as it is submitted prior to expiry). If you do not submit your renewal prior to its expiry, you will need to submit an application for a new licence, which is $526.40 for a 1 year multi-function licence, or $919.70 for a 3 year. Don’t forget to keep the Office of Fair Trading updated with your current postal address!