Ready to Enrol?
Published on Aug 20, 2019
Any person wanting to progress their security career or add to their already existing security knowledge should enrol and obtain the Certificate III in Security Operations. The course may also be taken as an upgrade to the Certificate 2 in Security Operations or if moving towards a supervisory role within the security industry.
The course can also be used as a means to advance into a different security employment direction such as:
- Armed guard
- Cash in transit guard
- Employment by company requiring security to carry batons and handcuffs
You are not required to take the Certificate 2 in Security Operations if you are going to take the Certificate III straightaway.
Taking the Certificate III in Security Operations course can be a further career pathway for higher employment choices such as:
- Coordinator of Control Room Operations
- Factual Investigator
- Security Equipment Installer
- Armed Security Officer
- Security Officer with Guard Dog
- Security Technician
- Security Technician for Biometrics
- Surveillance Investigator
The Certificate III in Security Operations for new guards is the best course for persons who want to straightaway enter into security industry career paths. This is also the best course for those with the potential to move into supervisory and management positions. The course even includes modules in First Aid, CPR, and unarmed security with crowd control.
The CPP30411 Certificate III in Security Operations course offered by Success Training Academy (STA) is in partnership with APS Training Group (RTO #31588) in Cairns, Clontarf in North Brisbane, Southport on the Gold Coast, and Woolloongabba Brisbane. The APS Training Group and its Safety and Security Services is a locally owned and operated company that has established itself as a professional provider of complete and comprehensive security service in the entertainment, retail, commercial, and industrial areas.
The Certificate III in Security Operations course is offered so participants can gain the required knowledge and practical skills to work in the security industry through a combination of practical training, classroom role-playing, theory and defence restraints and techniques.
No entry requirements or prerequisites are required for the course. However, participants will need to meet the following criteria:
- Must be 18 years of age
- Must have basic English language, literacy, and numeracy (LLN) skills at least in the grade 10 level. Participants are required to complete an LLN Assessment before commencing enrolment in the course.
- Complete a criminal history check
- Be an Australian citizen, permanent resident, or hold the appropriate visa to work in the security industry in Queensland.
- Note: International students on a student visa cannot be accepted because the course is not CRICOS registered.
This Certificate III in Security Operations course is for Queensland Security Licences only. Extra functions may be added upon request such as Cash in Transit and Bodyguard and Monitoring Functions, each as a 2-day course.
The whole course runs for ten days, Monday to Friday, for about two weeks. There is also some pre and post-course work required. Because of the practical training involved, the course cannot be completed solely as long-distance learning.
To ensure that your training experience is more than what you hoped for, and even better, it’s time you enquired at Success Training Academy (STA). Visit their website at https://successtrainingacademy.com.au/.