Ready to Enrol?
Published on Mar 26, 2019
Holders of the old TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment are now able to upgrade to the latest TAE40116 qualification. If trainers and assessors, who have the previous Certificate IV course, wish to continue working as such and want to obtain the most recent standard qualifications, then getting the TAE40116 upgrade is the right choice.
By upgrading to the recent qualification, people get to keep their status as a fully qualified assessor and trainer. The course will aid learners in gaining credit for course units they previously learned and their existing experience in the VET (vocational and training) sector to accelerate their new qualification.
Apart from the acknowledgment of one’s work experience and current qualification, TAE40116 comes with gap training for TAE40110 units that are no longer equivalent. These include the TAEASS401 Plan Assessment Activities and Processes, and TAEASS403 Participate in Assessment Validation. Other units covered in the new course are: TAELLN411 Address Adult Language, Literacy, and Numeracy Skills and TAEASS502 Design and Develop Assessment Tools.
Now that the TAE40116 has superseded the TAE40110, these qualifications are considered not equivalent. Here is a list of comparisons between the two.
- The TAE40110 and TAE40116 courses require a minimum of 10 units of competency.
- TAE40110 required participants to complete seven (7) core units and a minimum of three (3) elective units.
- TAE40116 requires participants to complete nine (9) core units and a minimum of one (1) elective unit.
- The two (2) new core units are: TAELLN411 Address Adult Language, Literacy, and Numeracy skills, and TAEASS502 Design and Develop Assessment Tools.
- The TAEASS403B Participate in Assessment Validation unit of competency has been superseded by the TAEASS403 unit. These units are not considered equivalent since the new unit has increased its assessment prerequisites.
- The TAEASS401B Plan Assessment Activities and Processes unit of competency superseded by the TAEASS401 unit. The units are not considered equivalent since the new unit has increased its assessment prerequisites.
- Despite the changes in the assessment requirements, the other units for the TAE40110 course have been considered equivalent to the competency units that have superseded them.
- The TAE40116 qualification has a new entry requirement. Students who wish to enter the program must be capable of demonstrating their vocational competency in their respective proposed assessing and teaching field. Vocational competency is an extensive industry knowledge and experience, which may include – but not limited to – holding a relevant competency unit or qualification.
Some students already have one or two of the needed core units for the TAE40116, which may have been acquired through electives under the old qualification or as part of their study in a similar diploma program. In such cases, a credit transfer for TAEASS502 Design and Develop Assessment Tools, and/or TAELLN411 Address Adult Language, Literacy, and Numeracy Skills will be given as part of the upgrade, if applicable.
If the students already hold those core units, they will have to provide proof of the qualifications, apart from meeting the latest entry requirements. If they do not hold the units, they will have to complete the assessments for these units.
As of April 1st 2019, the TAE40116 course will be the mandatory qualification to assess and train in the VET sector. Anyone who doesn’t hold the current qualification will not be able to continue working in the said industry.
Success Training Academy, in partnership with Healthy Business Training Academy (RTO # 30831), offers TAE40116 upgrade courses in the Gold Coast, Brisbane, Mackay, and Cairns, as well as private group bookings for corporate clients. For more information, visit SuccessTrainingAcademy.com.au.