About This Course
The BSB51319 Diploma of Work Health and Safety is the latest Diploma level workplace health and safety qualification. This qualification supersedes the BSB51315 Diploma of Work Health and Safety. The Diploma of WHS will
Success Training Academy (in partnership with Healthy Business Training Academy, RTO #: 30831), offer the BSB51319 Diploma of Work Health and Safety online.
Are you passionate about Work Health and Safety? Do you believe you can make your workplace safer? Take your career to the next level with the BSB51319 Diploma of Work Health and Safety where you will learn the fundamental skills to effectively design core elements of a Work Health and Safety Management System.Designed for people who are wanting to work in a health and safety management field at an organisational level, such as WHS director or expert safety advisor.
This qualification reflects the role of individuals coordinating and maintaining the work health and safety (WHS) program in an organisation. The qualification applies to supervisors and managers who apply a substantial knowledge base and well-developed skills in a wide variety of WHS contexts.
- Understand changes to legislation and regulations applicable to WHS
- Develop, implement and modify workplace policies and procedures applicable to WHS management system
- Audit and present information about WHSMS and WHS/OHS policy
- Develop KPIs to evaluate WHS/OHS performance
- Part take in effective consultation and participation processes
- Evaluate effectiveness of hazard management tools
- Use systematic, analytical processes in complex, non-routine situations, setting goals, gathering relevant information, and identifying and evaluating options against agreed criteria in review and evaluation of WHSMS
- Investigate WHS incidents
- Develop and use risk management tools
- Manage hazards associated with plant
- WHS System Designers
- WHS Managers
- Workplace Managers
- HR Managers
- Safety Practitioners
- Safety Generalists
- Lead Auditor
- Systems Analysis
Units Of Competency
BSBWHS412 Assist with workplace compliance with WHS laws
BSBWHS413 Contribute to implementation and maintenance of WHS consultation and participation processes
BSBWHS414 Contribute to WHS risk management
BSBWHS415 Contribute to implementing WHS management systems
BSBWHS416 Contribute to workplace incident response.
BSBHRM509 Manage rehabilitation or return to work programs
BSBWHS520 Manage implementation of emergency procedures
BSBWHS419 - Contribute to implementing WHS monitoring processes (alternative package)
2 more from cat A
|BSBWHS410||Contribute to work-related health and safety measures and initiatives||DELETED|
Why Study With STA?
You will not have to re-do units you have already completed. You will be eligible for Credit Transfer for many units and we will offer a means of bridging to gain the newer qualification
You will be eligible for Credit Transfer for the units that you have completed which are equivalent to the BSB51319 units of competency. There is an additional unit in the BSB51319 Diploma of Work Health and Safety, so we will offer a means of bridging to gain the newer qualification.
According to the Vocational Education and Training regulator BSB51312 Diploma of Work Health and Safety is superseded by and equivalent to BSB51315 Diploma of Work Health and Safety (Pinnacle’s current program). This is, in turn, superseded by and equivalent to BSB51319 Diploma of Work Health and Safety. When considering maintaining your current knowledge and skills, upgrading to the BSB51319 Diploma of Work Health and Safety could be viewed as valuable professional development.
The prerequisites for completing the Diploma of Work Health and Safety is to hold the following 5 core units from either BSB41412, BSB41415 or BSB41419 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety:
- BSBWHS412 Assist with workplace compliance with WHS laws, or
BSBWHS402A/BSBWHS402 Assist with compliance with WHS laws
- BSBWHS413 Contribute to implementation and maintenance of WHS consultation and participation processes, or
BSBWHS403A/BSBWHS403 Contribute to implementing and maintaining WHS consultation and participation processes
- BSBWHS414 Contribute to WHS risk management, or
BSBWHS404A/BSBWHS404 Contribute to WHS hazard identification, risk assessment and risk control
- BBSBWHS415 Contribute to implementing WHS management systems, or
BSBWHS405A/BSBWHS405 Contribute to implementing and maintaining WHS management systems
- BSBWHS416 Contribute to workplace incident response, or
BSBWHS406A/BSBWHS406 Assist with responding to incidents
BSB41407 Certificate IV in Occupational Health and Safety is not equivalent to BSB41412 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety. However please contact our friendly Sales and Service team on 1300 990 810 for information about applying for Credit Transfer and Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) for the BSB41412 or BSB41415 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety core units.